DEADP Reference No.: 16/3/3/6/7/1/D6/28/0230/20
NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORISATION IN TERMS OF THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT 107 OF 1998, WATER USE LICENCE IN TERMS OF THE NATIONAL WATER ACT 36 OF 1998, AND HERITAGE PERMIT IN TERMS OF NATIONAL HERITAGE RESOURCES ACT NO. 25 OF 1999 FOR THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOUIS FOURIE PRECINCT IN MOSSEL BAY, WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE
A Scoping and EIA process is required in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) and with EIA Regulations, 2014 (as amended), National Water Act, 1996 (Act no 36 of 1996) and National Heritage Resources Act, 1999 (Act No. 25 of 1999) respectively for the proposed development of a mixed-use development within the Mossel Bay Local Municipality to be referred to as the Louis Fourie Corridor Mixed-use Development.
The project consists of:
- Conducting a scoping and EIR process, environmental management programme and relevant specialist studies in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) with EIA Regulations 2014 (as amended).
- Conducting a water use licence application in terms of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) in terms of Section 21.
- Application for a Notice of Intent to Development in terms of the National Heritage Resource Act 1999 (Act No. 25 of 1999) and sections 36 and 38.
The Louis Fourie Corridor comprises the only remaining vacant land within the core of the Mossel Bay town that could provide an integrated solution for a wide variety of housing and social infrastructure. The proposed Integrated scenario aims to provide a middle ground between the three main economic clusters. The township is proposed to consist of:
- Open Space
- Residential; and
PUBLIC COMMENT AND REVIEW OF FINAL SCOPING REPORT
Please note that the Final Scoping Report has been submitted to DEADP for authority review to either accept or refuse the report. You are invited to participate by providing your comments and raise any issues of concern on the Final Scoping Report.
The Final Scoping Report is available for review at https://ncc-group.co.za/public-participation/scoping-and-environmental-impact-assessment-process-for-the-proposed-louis-fourie-precinct-corridor-mixed-use-development-mossel-bay-western-cape/
- ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTITIONER (EAP): NCC Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd (NCC)
- APPLICANT: Mossel Bay Local Municipality