Notice by NCC Health & Safety
24 April 2020
Whilst the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic will be with us for the foreseeable future, we’re all looking forward to getting back to work in line with the Risk Adjusted Strategy for economic activity.
In our push to get back to some level of normality we must keep the health and well-being of our people at the forefront of our minds and conform to the requirements of the phased return to work, in line with the national and regional COVID-19 risk levels and relevant legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act (85 of 1993) which requires that the employer shall provide and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risks to the health of employees.
In terms of the above legislation, the Department of Labour requires that individual businesses or workplaces must have COVID-19 risk assessments and plans in place, must conduct worker education on COVID-19, and must implement the necessary protection measures.
NCC’s team of Health and Safety professionals are available to assist you by:
- Facilitating a COVID-19 Risk Assessment with relevant control measures,
- Developing COVID-19 specifications for managing the return to work of contractors on your projects,
- Developing COVID-19 Management Plans which comply with the requirement of the Department of Labour, reduces the risk of a workplace outbreak and facilitates businesses return to service delivery,
- Providing remote or on-site training for your management team and workers, providing training materials which you can implement in your workplace at your convenience,
- Facilitating the updating of your health and safety file, and the drafting of return to work procedures.
We are available to discuss how we can best assist you and your team manage the COVID-19 risk at your workplace.
- Jonathan Szoke +27 83 232 6356 | email@example.com
- Ryno Louw +27 83 287 6707 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office number +27 (0) 21 702 2884