NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORISATION IN TERMS OF THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT 107 OF 1998, WATER USE LICENCE IN TERMS OF THE NATIONAL WATER ACT 36 OF 1998, AND HERITAGE PERMIT IN TERMS OF NATIONAL HERITAGE RESOURCES ACT NO. 25 OF 1999 FOR THE PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF ± 12KM 132KV POWER LINE, THABAZIMBI, LIMPOPO PROVINCE TO LINK WITH THE MCWAP SUBSTATION 2
A Basic Assessment Process is required in terms of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014 (as amended) for the construction of a ± 12km 132kV power line from Thabazimbi combined to a new MCWAP Substation, Thabazimbi, Limpopo Province.
The project consists of:
- Conducting a basic assessment process, environmental management programme and relevant specialist studies in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) with EIA Regulations 2014 (as amended).
- Conducting a water use licence application in terms of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) in terms of Section 21.
- Application for a Notice of Intent to Development in terms of the National Heritage Resource Act 1999 (Act No. 25 of 1999) and sections 36 and 38.
The following will be undertaken:
- Construction of 100X100 m (1 Hectare) of 2x20MVA 132kV MCWAP new substation (Study Buffer zone of 2 Hectare).
- Installation of 2x20MVA 132/11kV fully equipped transformer bays, 132kV busbar and 2x132kV line bays (one equipped initially with the other for future use).
- Building a control room adequate to cater for all secondary plant equipment.
- Construction of a 12km of 132kV Kingbird Power line9 (Study Corridor for 1km of which will be 500m from the centre of the power line both site).
- Building an Access Road of 6m width and 200m length.
PUBLIC REVIEW OF DRAFT BASIC ASSESSMENT REPORT
The public is hereby invited to the public review of the draft basic assessment report and specialist studies for the abovementioned project. The public review period will run from 19 June 2023 to 20 July 2023. You are invited to download a soft copy on the links provided below, or to view the hard copy of the report at the:
THABAZIMBI PUBLIC LIBRARY. 4th Avenue. Box 90. Thabazimbi
Phone: 014 777 1525
- ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTITIONER (EAP): NCC Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd (NCC)
- APPLICANT: Eskom SOC Ltd, Polokwane